- Ice storage results in excessive, uneven cooling near or below 0°C
- Paragonix SherpaPerfusionTM(1) maintains and monitors hypothermia between 4–8°C (Data on File)
- Paragonix SherpaPerfusionTM(1) provides temperatures readings of organ preservation solution
- Ice storage utilizes bags and/or containers not tested for organ use
- Ice storage method results in organs touching bags/containers
- Paragonix SherpaPerfusionTM(1) fully immerses organ in solution via connector
- In ice storage, organ ‘sits’ in same solution during preservation, while waste products accumulate and metabolites are consumed
- Paragonix SherpaPerfusionTM(1) provides perfusion to replenish solution while maintaining solution constituents and pO2
1 Paragonix SherpaPerfusion™ is not currently commercially available in the U.S. Patents issued and pending.
- Rigid, sterile canister sets contain pulsatile perfusion mechanism and snap into transport shipper.
- Oxygenation of preservation solution via an M4 oxygen tank connected to sterile canister sets.
- Easy transport of shipper containing perfused donor heart and convenient wireless temperature monitoring.
Oxygenated hypothermic perfusion for donor heart preservation
Indicated for donor heart preservation and transportation
Maintains safe organ preservation temperature
Monitor and record organ temperature with Paragonix SherpaTrak™